The pastrami for this recipe comes from Hunter Angler Gardener Cook – Hank Shaw’s Wild Food Recipes (honest-food.net) (If you don’t have pastrami and don’t have time to make it, you could take a backstrap or inner tenderloin (sweet meat) from a deer and slice it thin followed by a quick searing.)
For the Russian dressing, you can buy it premade or find an online recipe and use ingredients you most likely have already in your refrigerator.
|Ritz crackers (or any crackers made to serve with cheese)
|Pastrami or corned venison
How to Prepare
- Put a layer or two of meat on each cracker.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of Russian dressing to each cracker. Just however much you want.
- Add a small heap of sauerkraut (optional, but encouraged)
- Add enough Swiss cheese to each pile to cover the top so that it melts over the sides of the meat and sauerkraut.
- Turn the oven on 350⁰F and cook until the cheese melts (just a few minutes).
- Plate and serve!