Bealers Ferry is an 8-acre pond located in Page County just outside of the town of Luray. Off the beaten path, but well worth the trip, Bealers Ferry Pond is a refreshing outdoor retreat. Appreciate a quality angling experience that allows one to fish for largemouth bass, bluegill, and channel catfish. Utilize the handicap accessible trail that leads to the pier with picturesque views overlooking the attractive scenery. Watch as ducks, geese, and Great Blue Herons skim the waters, and frogs croak loudly along the riverbanks. A hand launch for canoes, kayaks, or small jon boats is also available.
Maps & Directions
From I-81: Take exit 264 and continue east on US 211 into New Market. Turn left onto US 11 at second traffic light. Go north to the next traffic light and turn east (still US 211). Continue east on US 211 to Luray and take SR 675 West for approximately 5 miles. Turn right on SR 684 and head north. Bealers Ferry Pond is located less than a mile from Bealers Ferry Boat Launch.
From 340: Continue south into Luray and take SR 675 West for approximately 5 miles. Turn right on SR 684 and head north. Bealers Ferry Pond is located less than a mile from Bealers Ferry Boat Launch.
- Largemouth Bass: Anglers should expect to catch smaller bass. The largest species collected usually range from 12–16 inches in length.
- Sunfish: Bealers Pond contains an excellent sunfish fishery, many of which can exceed 8 inches in length. With ample bank fishing access and a handicapped accessible fishing pier available, bealers is a great place to introduce new anglers to the sport of fishing.
- Channel Catfish: Catfish are stocked on a yearly basis to increase recreational opportunities for anglers. The catfish grow well in the pond with the largest individuals reaching over 20 inches in length.
- Largemouth Bass: 5 per day. No length Limit
- Sunfish: 50 per day. No length Limit
- Channel Catfish: 5 per day. Minimum size 15 inches
- National Forest Permit Required
For additional information, contact:
517 Lee Highway
Verona, VA 24482