This 2-acre pond is in Shenandoah County in the George Washington and Jefferson National Forests. Anglers can find Largemouth Bass, Bluegill, Channel Catfish and Trout seasonally. Advanced fingerling Channel Catfish are stocked every fall by DGIF at a catchable-size (10 to 12 inches) to provide good catfish fishing. Trout are stocked five times from October 1st to May 15th. A trout license is required to fish these waters from October 1st through June 15th.
Tomahawk Pond has a parking area, and bank fishing is possible around the entire perimeter of lake. Renovations also included placing log crib and brush shelter-style fish attractors in the pond and several fishing platforms around the shoreline, which are handicapped accessible. The pond can be reached by taking Route 263 west from Mount Jackson to Orkney Springs, then left (south) on Route 610, or by taking Route 259 west from Broadway, then right on Route 612 to Route 610.
Maps & Directions
- Largemouth Bass: 3 Per Day. Minimum size 11 Inches.
- Trout: 6 Per Day. Minimum Size 7 Inches.
- Sunfish: 25 Per Day. No Length Limit.
- Channel Catfish: 5 Per Day. Minimum Size 15 Inches.
- Freshwater Fishing License Required
- Trout License Required October 1st – June 15th
- National Forest Permit Required
For more information, please contact:
Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries
517 Lee Highway P.O. Box 996
Verona, VA 24482