Join Us & the Richmond Flying Squirrels for the Grand Slam Virtual Fishing Tournament!
Date: October 1-31, 2020
Join with Nutzy and the rest of the Richmond Flying Squirrels baseball team to achieve a virtual fishing “Grand Slam”! Participating anglers must catch a largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, channel catfish, and bluegill before October 31 to be entered into sweepstakes for prizes and more.
Registration is free. Fish must be caught legally in accordance with freshwater fishing regulations. Need to purchase or renew your fishing license? Get started here!
Grab your fishing pole, make a catch, and then explore all that Richmond has to offer. Go Nutz!
Registration closes October 31, 2020. Don’t delay—Register Now!
How Does it Work?
- Register online through GoOutdoorsVirginia.com. Participants have from the day of their registration to October 31, 2020 to achieve the Grand Slam. The sooner you register, the more time you have to achieve the Grand Slam!
- To achieve the Grand Slam, participating anglers must catch a largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, channel catfish, and bluegill after they have officially registered but before October 31, 2020. Any size counts.
- Take photos of your catches alongside your registration order number (which you’ll receive in a confirmation email after registration) with the date of the catch. Write the registration order number and date on an index card or piece of paper and hold it near the fish for the photo. Pictures without this number will not be eligible.
- You may enter the photos of your catches by using our #RVAGrandSlam hashtag and tagging DWR on Instagram (@VirginiaWildlife) or via email.
- Participants who successfully achieve the Grand Slam will be entered to win a Virginia Lifetime Freshwater Fishing License sweepstakes and prizes from partners.
Ready to Go Fishing?
See below for our list of the best bets for achieving the Grand Slam in the Richmond Area. Need to purchase or renew your fishing license? Get started here!
Ready to Register for the Grand Slam Virtual Fishing Tournament?
Don’t wait! Registration closes October 31, 2020.