Picture the excitement!
There’s nothing quite like the delight on a child’s face when they reel in a fish! We at the Virginia Department of Wildlife Resources (DWR) enjoy seeing children across Virginia experiencing the thrill of fishing.
Capture the excitement of your child on camera while fishing and enter their picture in the annual Kids ‘n Fishing Photo Contest sponsored by Virginia Department of Wildlife Resources and Green Top Sporting Goods!
The winning pictures are those that best capture the theme of “kids enjoying fishing.” Children awarded the first through third-place photographs of each category will receive a variety of fishing-related prizes. Winning pictures will also be posted on the DWR website, featured in the January/February issue of Virginia Wildlife magazine, and may be used in a variety of DWR publications.
Each winner receives a rod and reel fishing combo and a lure and tackle assortment courtesy of Green Top Sporting Goods!
- Children must be in one of the following age categories when the picture was taken: 1–5, 6–10
- Photos should be less than one year old
- Photos must be taken in Virginia
- Children in a boat must be wearing a life jacket, properly buckled or zipped
- Only one photo entry per child
- Judging will take place after the October 7, 2022 submission deadline. Winners will be posted on the DWR website and to DWR social media in November and featured in the January/February issue of Virginia Wildlife magazine
- Prizes will be sent directly to the winning children
- This contest is not open to DWR employees’ and sponsors’ immediate family. Immediate family members are defined as children, siblings or others residing in the same household with a DWR or sponsor employee.
- Email photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email MUST include child’s name, age, and address; a phone number of a parent or guardian; and the location the photo was taken.
- A completed Photo Contest Release Form (PDF) must be submitted along with the photograph. The form has fillable fields; signature can be the adult’s name typed.
- Photos must be emailed on or before October 7, 2022.
Submitting By Mail
- Submit photo on photograph-quality paper
- Photo must not exceed 4″×6″ size
- Please attach a piece of paper to the back of the photo including: child’s name, age, and address; a phone number of a parent or guardian; and the location the photo was taken.
- A completed Photo Contest Release Form (PDF) must be submitted along with the photograph.
- Photos must be postmarked on or before October 7, 2022.
Virginia Department of Wildlife Resources