Join Us for the Inaugural Run for the Wild Virtual Running Event!
Date: July 17-19, 2020
We invite you to join us to Run for the Wild, a virtual 5K run/walk (3.1 miles) supporting our mission to ensure wildlife has healthy places to live and thrive.
All registration proceeds will go towards our Restore the Wild initiative to support habitat projects vital for the survival of Virginia’s wildlife.
Registration closes July 16, 2020. Don’t delay—Register Now! Together we can ensure continuation of our conservation efforts and expand our work to keep Virginia’s wild places wild.
How Does it Work?
- Register online through GoOutdoorsVirginia.com before July 16, 2020.
- We ship you your finisher medal and event swag. In order to ensure arrival by the time of the event, we recommend registering by July 13, 2020.
- Run or walk a course of your choosing at your own pace on July 17, 18, or 19, 2020. Pick whichever day is best for you! Just remember to be safe and follow social distance guidelines.
- Share your results with us and all your friends on social media. We also have some optional challenges where you can compete to win great prizes from our awesome partners. See below for details.
What is Included in Your Registration?
- A wooden finisher medal/keepsake custom made by Moslow Wood Products (Powhatan, VA). Due to the natural wood of the trees, no two are alike!
- A Restore the Wild pocket notebook.
- A Run for the Wild vinyl sticker.
- Run for the Wild digital badge and graphics to share on your social media channels of choice.
- Your name recognized on the DWR website as a participant in the inaugural Run for the Wild 5K.
- Entry into the Run for the Wild Sweepstakes.
Run for the Wild Sweepstakes
All registered participants will be entered into the Run for the Wild Sweepstakes to win a Virginia Lifetime Freshwater Fishing License donated by the Wildlife Foundation of Virginia! This lifetime license is your passport to free access to all of DWR’s Wildlife Management Areas totaling more than 203,000 acres for a variety of outdoor recreational opportunities. In addition, you will be entitled to fish for your lifetime, even if you move out of state.
Run for the Wild Challenges
Additionally, we have four unique challenges where you can compete for some great prizes from our awesome partners. Check out the challenge categories below to learn how to participate. Further instructions will be provided via email on how to submit your results after registration.
Falcon Fierce Challenge
Be the person that completes their Run for the Wild 5K with the fastest finish time (Male & Female winners). Learn More »
Turtle Trot Challenge
Be the person that takes the longest time to complete their Run for the Wild 5K. Learn More »
Flora & Fauna Fanatic Challenge
Share your best photos of the native Virginia plants and wildlife you see along your Run for the Wild route. Learn More »
Scenic Seeker Challenge
Share your most scenic photo from your Run for the Wild route. Bonus points if your route is on public land! Learn More »
Special Thanks to Our Partners
Ready to Register for the Run For the Wild 5K?
Don’t wait! Registration closes July 16, 2020.Register Online Now