Virginia Angler Recognition Program (VARP)
On the average, Virginia anglers measure up over 6,000 trophy-size freshwater fish annually. Their accomplishments are recognized by the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries through the Virginia Angler Recognition Program (VARP). Since 1963, when the program began, over 250,000 trophy fish awards have been issued.
Submit Angler Recognition Applications Online!
You can now submit your angler recognition applications through your Go Outdoors Virginia customer profile! Simply log into your account and click on the “Add Catch” tile. Enter the details of your catch and checkout — it’s that easy!Submit Angler Recognition Application Online
Until further notice Angler Recognition Program will be making the following changes:
- Anglers must submit their application online through their Go Outdoors Virginia account.
- Beginning January 1, 2021, mailed in applications will no longer being processed.
- Fish citation certificates will no longer be mailed.
- Anglers now have the ability to view and print their fish citations from their Go Outdoors Virginia account at home.
- Expert angler and master angler certificates and patches, as well as angler of the month awards, have been temporarily suspended.
We are sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience during the current pandemic.
- Trophy Fish Size Chart
- Online Freshwater Tropy Fish Award Application
- How to Certify or Calibrate Personal Scales
- How to Certify a Trophy-size Freshwater Fish
- Freshwater Fish Citations
- Anglers of the Month & Year Lists
- Replacement Awards
- Becoming a Freshwater Trophy Fish Weigh Station
- Frequently Asked Questions about the VARP
- Trophy Freshwater Fish Awards
- Master Angler Awards
- Expert Angler Awards
- Angler of the Month and Year Awards